9/29/11

Boys Rock by Phyllis Naylor



Really great series for book clubs with girls and boys.

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor is the author of the classic SHILOH, which we loved as a book club. (You can see our book club ideas for SHILOH HERE.)


This month our book club has taken a new format.

I was asked to hold my book club at newly opening charter school in our community.

So we are going to try this out.


I don't know how many kids are going to show up. But I am expecting a mixed crowd- of boys and girls- as well as a range of reading levels.


We are going to meet every Thursday for an hour.

I plan we will read the book out-loud. (round robin format) and then work on an activity.


I picked this story: from the series, because the story has a mystery/but also about working on a newspaper together. I thought that would be a fun activity our group can work on together as well. (so a little something for everyone.)


Crossing fingers!

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket