9/9/13

Painting and Cutting at Preschool

The kids really really wanted to paint. So I found a simple handout in my Funshine Express journal, "Cut a circle". We ripped it out and the kids painted them first. (This we did on Friday)
 
 
 
Today we cut them out.
I feel strongly that children with scissors need close supervision. So during my station time- we do scissors with the teacher as one station. I limit 2 kids at this station- so I can closely watch them using scissors and catch mistakes (aka: accidents) before they happen. 

I like being flexible when I can- and let the kids guide some of our activities. That why Funshine Express monthly kits are so helpful! Everything is already prepped- so we can do a fun activity- when the kids are most interested and engaged.

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket