10/4/13

It's a CAMP OUT!

 
 
The end of September we were learning about the Forrest- and the beginning of October we are learning about Nocturnal Animals...  Funshine Express suggests a CAMP OUT! So fun!
 
 We made a craft provided by Funshine Express- binoculars. (Instead of using the paper provided by Funshine- I used TP rolls. We painted them with Fall colors- red and yellow. The kids were excited to see that red and yellow = orange!
Funshine Express suggests setting up a tent. Our family tent is huge- so I looked online for some alternative ideas. I found this idea on Pinterest of creating a fort out of newspaper! (You can click here to get directed to PBS website and learn more.)
 
 
 
 Contrary to the suggestion on PBS website- my fort was not strong enough to have a sheet over it. (Even with most newspaper rolls being doubled up.- so you've been warned. ) My dramatic play area had our "tent" and my "campfire" is simply a brown sack cut and twisted up for logs... and red tissue paper for the flames.
I was disappointed that the fort didn't hold up well. This is a center they would like to keep a few more days of preschool. So I am going to have to come up with something else- for a "tent".

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket