11/5/13

Phonics

 
 
 
Before Preschool started, I went to the preschool supply store and got lost among the isles and rows of adorable preschool supplies. I was weak and went without a clear purpose- I came home with a bunch of things I didn't really need... you can read about that sad story here...lol.
 
 

 
 
 
But one thing I bought in that splurge shopping trip, was a phonics system called The Amazing Action Alphabet. It is wonderful.
 It is based on the philosophy that children seeing + hearing+ doing = learning.
I have used it for two months now and all the letters we have learned so far- the children have learned and remember the correct sounds! I know it is this system... because when I ask for the sound- they do the hand motion that reminds them of the correct sound.
 
This is a picture of F the Flamingo who is fffff-freezing!
Each letter character has a story and a hand motion that helps them remember the sound.
 
I bought the workbook also that compliments the flip chart. Those activities are hit and miss, this one was really cute. I just wanted to share a great method I stumbled upon. (I don't get paid to promote this, and they didn't contact me to blog about it. ) I just know how some kids really struggle with phonics and this has proven to work for 100% of my kids... so I thought I should share. There is also a Music CD and I plan to buy this also.
 
Reading is such a huge focus for most parents. They base their opinion about if a preschool is exceptional or not... by how well their children are learning to read. (Rightly so!) So splurging on a phonics system that works is well worth the money.
 
 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Just received a cheque for over $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get filling out paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for paid surveys.

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket