10/23/13

Fine Motor Activity

 
Funshine Express suggested this fine motor activity using yarn.
They suggested giving each child a piece of yarn and twist it to make different letters. My kids had so much fun- I thought I would extend the activity by spelling their names in glue and cutting the yarn into much smaller pieces.

I thought this was a great modification... until I saw how hard the kids struggled with it. (I mean, glue is sticky and tricky to get the yarn to stick and not pull back up on their now, very sticky fingers.)  YET- they were determined and diligent! They didn't get frustrated at all... in fact... they really stepped up to the challenge and felt great about their accomplishment when it was finished.

I love my group of little ones. They amaze me every day!

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket