11/28/13

Inspiring Book- to spark creativity!

  This was a FAVORITE book of mine when I was a child. The author, Ed Emberley teaches how to draw creatures by combining simple shapes. This is a favorite station in my preschool. So much so- that my little one's have asked to take turns bringing this book home!

They can't get enough.
I am thinking about ripping the book apart and laminating the pages- so that more than one student can be at this station at a time. lol

So I thought, this would be a great gift for your budding artist.
(Even those kids who THINK they can't draw.) This book uses simple shapes, lines and squiggles and makes great drawings.


I like how this introduces the idea that all things can be broken down into simple shapes.
In a few months- instead of copying these drawings from this book, we are going to look at REAL images and try to find shapes so they can start drawing unique pictures.

But this is a great book to give confidence in their ability to draw!

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket