12/18/13

Christmas Gift

This craft/gift was such a great idea in my head, but now I am wishing I had done ornaments with their photo's. They didn't turn out as adorable- as I had hoped... but the kids did have a good time.


We made Salt Dough ornaments and painted them.


 
Classic Salt Dough:
2C flour
1C salt
1C water
Mix and Knead the dough until smooth.
Roll dough and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
(After you cut the ornament out- make sure you make a hole!)
 
Bake ornaments at  325 degrees for 1hr-1 1/2 hrs or until dry.
 
Once they are dry and cooled - paint and decorate.
 
Like I said, they aren't adorable-- but they are 100% child made
and they had a lot of fun.

No comments:

WELCOME TO OUR BOOK CLUB ROUND UP!
Interested in Winning Free Books?
If you would like to win a future books and stuff ...
Fill out the form below to enter to win!

(PS- you don't have to host a book club to enter- but if you DO host a book club for kids I am interested to know! So tell me a little bit about your group!)
Name:*
Email:*
Name of Book Club:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.

Powered by 123ContactForm
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket